At our hospitals we are able to monitor your pet’s blood pressure to control the serious effects of hypertension.
- Hypertension is a common problem in pets related to a variety of conditions.
- Pets with renal (kidney) and cardiac disease and cats with hyperthyroid disease are often diagnosed with hypertension.
- Just like in people, hyper- tension can lead to serious medical problems.
- An increase in your pet’s blood pressure affects many organs, particularly the liver, eyes, kidneys and heart.
- When blood pressure is abnormally high, blood vessel damage can occur.
These damaged blood vessels will bleed, cause clots, fluid buildup and tissue death.